From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mdadm RAIDs on 4k drives etc
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 19:33:35
1 I know, there is a linux-raid-ML ;-)
2 I unsubscribed there a few months ago.
3
4 What I would like to discuss and ask here:
5
6 Is it problematic to have both 512-byte- and 4k-sector-drives in one
7 RAID array?
8
9 I have that case at a customer where the partition map was copied over
10 (sfdisk -d) from an old to a new drive.
11
12 Now we have misaligned raid member drive with 4k and the older member
13 with 512bytes.
14
15 Additional question here: which version to use?
16 0.90 for booting, right? As far as I understand the manpage the "-e"
17 switch does not have much to do with aligning or so.
18
19 -
20
21 I plan to add another new 4k drive to the RAID1 array after partitioning
22 it correctly aligned. Then let it sync, remove other disk ... partition
23 correctly ... etc etc
24
25 Stefan