From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd: "Smack is not enabled in the kernel, not loading access rules"
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:18:14
1 On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dear list,
3 >
4 > Every boot, since I don't know when, systemd display the warning message:
5 > "Smack is not enabled in the kernel, not loading access rules".
6 >
7 > Today, I decide to check it out. Googled it, found out some stuff about
8 > security options, but I wasn't able to enable it on my config. Even enabling
9 > all "Security options".
10 >
11 > according to menuconfig, these I have to disable support for these two
12 > options, but they aren't in my .config file.
13 >
14 > │ Depends on: NETLABEL [=n] && SECURITY_NETWORK [=n]
15 > │ (1) -> Security options
18 > Nothing about it at gentoo documentation.
19 >
20 > But, first of all, do I really have to carry about it? My system is petty
21 > good even without it.
22
23 systemd can support SMACK policies (and SELinux and IMA); it doesn't
24 require them.
25
26 You can safely ignore it.
27