From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reverse Tethering - How to?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:41:25
1 On 17/09/14 10:24, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > how do I need to configure my Gentoo box to allow for reverse
5 > tethering from my (rooted) Android phone?
6 >
7 > Many thanks for a hint,
8 > Helmut
9 >
10 not sure if you can do this even on a rooted phone.
11 the trouble is that usb tethering starts a dhcp server running on the
12 usb side, and also keeps it's own default gateway to 3G or wherever.
13 you'd need to be able to setup routing on the rooted phone.
14 for just web pages, you might try to setup squidproxy on the gentoo box,
15 and then configure the phone to use the proxy server.
16 or you might be better off with a usb wifi dongle for the gentoo box and
17 setting up hostapd