From: Peter Kelly <linuxpete@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Return from the dead... almost [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:56:18
1 On Thursday 16 March 2006 00:22, Eugene Rosenzweig wrote:
2 > Peter Kelly wrote:
3 > > Hello to all.
4 > >
5 <snip>
6 >
7 > I know its a basic one but you say you re-emerged baselayout and bash
8 > but did you re-emerge pam-login? Maybe pam and shadow also? Maybe shadow
9 > was emerged without USE=pam? The funny thing is, my setup is ok and I
10 > have none of these values in my /etc/login.defs which belongs to
11 > pam-login package.
12 >
13 > Eugene.
14
15 Well, I did all that, and etc-update still didn't ask me to
16 fix /etc/login.defs. So I renamed the file, and emerge'd pam-login AGAIN.
17 Then it gave me the correct file. Yeah!
18
19 And for those keeping score at home, in order to get 'Mail', you need to
20 emerge nail.
21
22 I think I'm now back to the same system I had before hdb started whining, and
23 the motherboard decided that there was nothing attached to IDE1.
24
25 Don't forget to backup!
26
27 Peter
30 Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.
31 -- John Kenneth Galbraith
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list