From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ftp login with ASCII characters?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:22:32
1 I am getting perplexed why WYSINWYG:
2
3 I was trying to login to an ftp server from the CLI. Typing in the passwd
4 failed every time. I then set it up as a network connection in Konqueror and
5 I had no problem at all connecting using the same passwd. However, I noticed
6 that some additional characters had been added by konqueror's interpretation
7 of what the passwd ought to look like; e.g.
8
9 Original passwd: XXXXXXX%02XXXX
10 Konqueror passwd: XXXXXXX%2502XXXX
11
12 Konqueror added 25 to it, after the percentage sign. True enough when I tried
13 the augmented string as a passwd on the command line I was able to login
14 fine. My terminal is TERM=rxvt and shell is SHELL=/bin/bash. Is there a way
15 to simplify this confusion and allow what I type to login normally?
16 Otherwise, where can I find what characters I should be typing in for all
17 sort of symbols like "^&*[]<>#@" ?
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick