From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and amixer
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:33:19
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 06:36:28PM -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote
4 > > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Yep, its the same, but when I tried to restore as a regular user (which
7 > > I normally don't do) it complained about the .lock file and restored to
8 > > some strange values which involved so much feedback that I had to go to
9 > > a root window and restore again. The strange thing is that I had no
10 > > problems like this under openrc, so I wonder what systemd is doing and
11 > > how I can get around it.
12 >
13 > The settings are supposed to be automatically restored as part of the
14 > bootup process. If you run openrc, did you execute...
15 >
16 > rc-update add alsasound boot
17 >
18 > ...at alsa installation as per http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ALSA ? If
19 > you run systemd, I assume there's an equivalant service file. And,
20 > grasping at straws, is your regular user a member of the "audio" group?
21
22 The restore does work under systemd, but its done as root. Also its
23 done under openrc as well. Under openrc, the regular user will get the
24 same contents using amixer get Master as root, whereas under systemd he
25 will not. I was told to take the user out of the audio group some time
26 ago and so I did, with no result I know of, maybe I will put it back and
27 see if it makes any changes.
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici