From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [New Development] - was 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:50:27
1 On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 07:43 +0200, Francesco Talamona wrote:
2 > On Saturday 23 July 2005 03:56, Joseph wrote:
3 > > I went back to Sata Drive and started from scratch and when I tried
4 > > to do "emerge --sync" I got this error:
5 > >
6 > > "Uhhuh. HMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
7 > > You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips
8 > > NMI: IOCK error (debug interrupt?)
9 > > CPU 0
10 > > Modules linked in: evdev via_rhine mii parport_pc parport ahci
11 > > sata_uli sata_sis sata_sx4 sata_nv sata_via sata_svw sata_sil
12 > > sata_promis libata sbp2 ohci1934 ieee1394 usb_storage ohci_hcd
13 > > uhci_hcd ehci_hcd usbcore Pid: 5626, comm: rsync Not tainted
14 > > 2.6.11-gentoo-r3-k8
15 > > RIP: 0010:[<ffff....."
16 > >
17 > > Is it problem with my standard memory or CPU memory cache?
18 > > I'v run memtest86 two day ago and 17-passes went without any errors.
21 > Sometimes memtest doesn't stress enough the hardware, see:
22 > http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
23 >
24 > It's so simple that you can also run it on top of a live CD like
25 > Kanotix...
26 >
27 > Ciao
28
29 I was trying to run this Red Hat memtest.sh script.
30 So I copied the linux.tar.gz (45Mb file) to /tmp directory.
31
32 Though when I try to run the script as user it keeps complaining:
33 mv: cannot stat `linux': No such file or directory
34 mv: cannot stat `linux': No such file or directory
35
36 What am I missing?
37 Since I possibly have a bad memory stick it would be good idea to put
38 this script to a test.
39 memtest86 did 17-passes on this memory and didn't detect any errors.
40
41 So, I borrowed two good memory sticks from my backup server, and the new
42 box is happy so far, compiled some kind of 27Mb lib-file without any
43 kernel panic.
44
45 I would like to run this Red-Hat memtest.sh script on these two stick,
46 but I'm missing something (I'm not that good in reading the scripts :-/
47 Can anybody have a pick at it and tell me what is it looking for?
50 #Joseph
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list