From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:48:22
1 On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:24:08 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Given my experience with XFS, I won't be switching anytime soon. I used
4 > that once on a in-laws system. After each crash, power failure, I had
5 > to reinstall. Let's just say it left a bad taste in my mouth. ;-) I'm
6 > not saying it is a bad file system for someone but certainly not for
7 > me.
8
9 You're absolutely right with the last comment, XFS is intended for use in
10 environments that have stable power supplies. I use it on my desktop,
11 because it has a UPS, and my laptop.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 The gene pool could use a little chlorine.