From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Pulseaudio shuts off
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:26:24
1 Hi,
2
3 sorry for the nebelous subject...
4
5 The following happened to me.
6 I have installed/configured pulseaudio according to this
7 for a one-person desktop gentoo-system:
8 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/PulseAudio
9
10 When starting gwc (which is not in portage) and playing
11 sounds, it works...once...
12
13 After a while I here the same clicking sound, which happens
14 while booting the system and alsa takes over...and thats it.
15 I have to kill gwc.
16
17 On the console gwc prints:
18
19 Current stack limit: 8388608 bytes
20 libsndfile Version: libsndfile-1.0.25 1 0 25
21 socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
22 Closing the Pulse audio device
23
24 The last line appears when I press "stop audio playback", the clicking
25 happes a few seconds later.
26
27 After that...no go.
28
29 I have appended /etc/pulse/default.pa at the end of this posting.
30
31 Interestingly it is possible to successfully restart gwc.
32
33 What can I do to fix this?
34
35 Best regards,
36 mcc
41 #!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF
42 #
43 # This file is part of PulseAudio.
44 #
45 # PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
46 # under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
47 # the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
48 # (at your option) any later version.
49 #
50 # PulseAudio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
51 # WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
52 # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
53 # General Public License for more details.
54 #
55 # You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
56 # along with PulseAudio; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
57 # Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.
58
59 # This startup script is used only if PulseAudio is started per-user
60 # (i.e. not in system mode)
61
62 .nofail
63
64 ### Load something into the sample cache
65 #load-sample-lazy x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav
66 #load-sample-lazy pulse-hotplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
67 #load-sample-lazy pulse-coldplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
68 #load-sample-lazy pulse-access /usr/share/sounds/generic.wav
69
70 .fail
71
72 ### Automatically restore the volume of streams and devices
73 load-module module-device-restore
74 load-module module-stream-restore
75 load-module module-card-restore
76
77 ### Automatically augment property information from .desktop files
78 ### stored in /usr/share/application
79 load-module module-augment-properties
80
81 ### Load audio drivers statically (it's probably better to not load
82 ### these drivers manually, but instead use module-hal-detect --
83 ### see below -- for doing this automatically)
84 load-module module-alsa-sink
85 #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
86 #load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
87 #load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
88 #load-module module-null-sink
89 #load-module module-pipe-sink
90
91 ### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
92 .ifexists module-udev-detect.so
93 load-module module-udev-detect
94 .else
95 ### Alternatively use the static hardware detection module (for systems that
96 ### lack udev support)
97 load-module module-detect
98 .endif
99
100 ### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
101 .ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
102 load-module module-bluetooth-discover
103 .endif
104
105 ### Load several protocols
106 .ifexists module-esound-protocol-unix.so
107 load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
108 .endif
109 load-module module-native-protocol-unix
110
111 ### Network access (may be configured with paprefs, so leave this commented
112 ### here if you plan to use paprefs)
113 #load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp
114 #load-module module-native-protocol-tcp
115 #load-module module-zeroconf-publish
116
117 ### Load the RTP reciever module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
118 #load-module module-rtp-recv
119
120 ### Load the RTP sender module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
121 #load-module module-null-sink sink_name=rtp format=s16be channels=2 rate=44100 description="RTP Multicast Sink"
122 #load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp.monitor
123
124 ### Load additional modules from GConf settings. This can be configured with the paprefs tool.
125 ### Please keep in mind that the modules configured by paprefs might conflict with manually
126 ### loaded modules.
127 .ifexists module-gconf.so
128 .nofail
129 load-module module-gconf
130 .fail
131 .endif
132
133 ### Automatically restore the default sink/source when changed by the user during runtime
134 load-module module-default-device-restore
135
136 ### Automatically move streams to the default sink if the sink they are
137 ### connected to dies, similar for sources
138 load-module module-rescue-streams
139
140 ### Make sure we always have a sink around, even if it is a null sink.
141 load-module module-always-sink
142
143 ### Honour intended role device property
144 load-module module-intended-roles
145
146 ### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
147 load-module module-suspend-on-idle
148
149 ### If autoexit on idle is enabled we want to make sure we only quit
150 ### when no local session needs us anymore.
151 load-module module-console-kit
152
153 ### Enable positioned event sounds
154 load-module module-position-event-sounds
155
156 ### Cork music streams when a phone stream is active
157 load-module module-cork-music-on-phone
158
159 # X11 modules should not be started from default.pa so that one daemon
160 # can be shared by multiple sessions.
161
162 ### Load X11 bell module
163 #load-module module-x11-bell sample=bell-windowing-system
164
165 ### Register ourselves in the X11 session manager
166 #load-module module-x11-xsmp
167
168 ### Publish connection data in the X11 root window
169 #.ifexists module-x11-publish.so
170 #.nofail
171 #load-module module-x11-publish
172 #.fail