From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:22:20
1 > > > Personally, I'm quite happy with
2 > > >
3 > > > $ iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
4 > > > $ iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
5 > > > $ iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
6 >
7 > Aaargh! That last one should have the state NEW omitted (and the
8 > following comma, of course).
9 >
10 > > Thanks, so i think that i have to get familiar with iptables itself,
11 > > because i want to some more than routing. I will try this rules in the
12 > > evening and tell you if it works.
13 >
14 > No fears, iptables is easy to configure! Search for some How-To that
15 > has a big picture of which packets entering which chains in which
16 > tables. That really helps a lot.
17
18 I haven't found a how-to like this. Do you know a good how-to? At the
19 moment iam reading this one
20 http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list