From: George Garvey <tmwg-gentoou@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minicom as a user but I am getting a "cant create lockfile" failure
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:26:04
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:17:13PM +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I want to use minicom as a user but I am getting a "cant create
3 > lockfile" failure. It works fine as root. I dont wish to change the
4 > perms on /var/lock unless I have to - so whats the gentoo way to get
5 > minicom working as a user? Also what group(s) do I need for serial
6 > port access (/dev/ttyS0 so I presume tty, or is it uucp or both/either)
7 > once I get past the lockfile problems.
8
9 On my system:
10
11 ls -ld /var/lock
12 drwxrwxr-x 3 root uucp 4096 Sep 10 10:32 /var/lock
13 ls -l /dev/tts/0
14 crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 64 Sep 10 10:32 /dev/tts
15
16 So, being a member of uucp and tty will let minicom do what it
17 needs to do.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list