From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Vim puts command in when starting up
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:32:18
1 For some reason, on one box, whenever I start vim it puts
2 ":0000/0000/0000" on the command line. I've looked in vimrc and can't
3 see any reference to this. Hitting Enter yields "E486: Pattern not found
4 :0000"
5
6 I've noticed that it's been behaving strangely but I cannot figure out
7 the cause. Last time I noticed something odd was when I commented out
8 something in package.mask (with #) and saved it. Portage complained it
9 was invalid and when I opened it again the '#' changed to 'g'.
10
11 I've removed and reinstalled vim packages, no luck.
12
13 Has anyone seen this?
14
15 Dan