From: Tim Kruse <irrlicht2c@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel updates
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:24:03
1 * On 01.11.2005 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 >> This is true. But you should mention, that 'qpkg' is deprecated
4 >> and 'equery' should be used:
5 >
6 > In that case I would have recommended equery to start with. But equery is
7 > horrendously slow to start up, whereas qpkg is virtually instant. It may
8 > be deprecated but it works well, so why not use it?
9
10 Oh, I didn't said that you shouldn't use it. But it isn't in
11 $PATH anymore - that was what I wanted to make clear.
12
13 And you're right that equery is slow, and it doesn't has some of
14 qpkg's features. I have made a symbolic link
15 /usr/local/bin/qpkg-old to qpkg (qpkg-old because I have
16 portage-utils installed)
17
18 So long,
19 tkr
22 Ahhhhhh... the smell of cuprinol and mahogany. It excites me to...
23 acts of passion... acts of... ineptitude.