From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flag
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 04:36:41
1 On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:04:45 -0500
2 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Nick Rout wrote:
8 > > On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:30:26 +0530
9 > > Aniruddha Shankar wrote:
10 > >
12 > >> Hash: SHA1
13 > >>
14 > >> Willie Wong wrote:
15 > >>> Personally speaking, I suggest you emerge 'ufed'.
16 > >> I moved from ufed to profuse, it's slightly better with multiple display
17 > >> interfaces (dialog/ncurses/gtk)
18 > >>
19 > >> cheers,
20 > >
21 > > funnily enough I dislike the gtk interface and usually start it with
22 > >
23 > > DISPLAY= profuse
24 > >
25 > > to fool it into thinking X is not available, so it runs in my konsole
28 > Speaking of USE flags this is a PERFECT example of when to
29 > enable/disable a USE flag. If I was Nick and PREFERRED to start profuse
30 > without gtk support (aka ncurses) then I would re-emerge profuse WITHOUT
31 > the gtk USE flag. Thanks for giving some people an example of when to
32 > enable/disable USE flags, Nick.
33 >
34 > DISCLAIMER: I don't use profuse but I assume that the gtk USE flag does
35 > exactly what I have explained. ;)
38 You are right and I did think that as i was typing the email! However
39 there are times when i like the gtk interface, its more a mood thing, so I am happy to leave the gtk flag for that ebuild :-)
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list