From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need networking help. Can't ping google.
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:05:06
3 > ip_forward is set to one. Confirmed it with cat.
4 >
5 > I did this one time before. I found a iptables script and when I ran it,
6 > it just worked. The script is old and doesn't work anymore. The last time
7 > it was a gateway issue. I'm not sure this time.
10 Are there any iptables rules on smoker? (iptables -L)
13 > I did this. From smoker, I pinged google. I got the IP address from
14 > that. I then tried to ping google BY IP address on lightening. It gives me
15 > the error "ping: unknown host 72.14.299.99".
18 So you set lights default route to be smokers 169.254 address, right?
19
20 Can you ping smokers 192.168.1 address from light?
21
22 Did you add a route on the modem so it knows it has to send packets to
23 smoker to get them to 169.254? Or alternatively put NATing on smoker to hide
24 the 169.254 addresses?