From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [Very OT] - Kill-A-Watt (240V Version) to measure my Gentoo Server Power Usage
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:50:16
1 On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 16:04 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 8/3/06, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Unfortunately, I'm not a US resident and I live in a Country where the
5 > > power comes in at 240V.
9 > I live in a cowntry where energy comes at 240V (Brazil), but all
10 > computers, printers and most eletronic devices are wired to a voltage
11 > stabilizer that reduces the risk of damage by lightning and other
12 > voltage peaks. This stabilizers also transform 240 to 120V AC, so, our
13 > energy is 240V but almost ALL devices run switched to 120V.
16 I'm sorry but what's the difference between running it at 120V or 240V?
17 (besides the stabilizer)
18 BTW, my PC equipment is running off an APS UPS that does power surges
19 and I presume stabilizer as well.
22 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list