From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange blocks b behavior
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:43:48
1 On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:24:59 -0400, John covici wrote:
2
3 > > > I was trying to do an --update --deep --with-bdeps=y world today
4 > > > and got the following strange message:
5 > > > [blocks B ] <gnome-base/gnome-applets-2.22.0 (is blocking
6 > > > dev-libs/libgweather-2.22.1.1)
7
8 > Hi. The first case is the correct one -- the packages are in portage,
9 > but the version numbers listed are not on the system -- this is what I
10 > meant
11
12 Note the < for gnome-applets, this means that a version less than 2.22.0
13 is causing the blockage. This could be caused by a number of things, for
14 example earlier version of gnome-applets included libgweather but it is
15 now in a separate package, so it would conflict with those earlier
16 versions.
17
18 If you have a earlier gnome-applets installed, unmerge it then run the
19 world update. If it is not pulled in my the update, merge it manually
20 afterwards.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 I wonder how much deeper would the ocean be without sponges.