From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS for Pentium Dual Core E2160 ?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:34:17
1 On Nov 10, 2007 2:18 PM, David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > If you change the CHOST, CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables, then do:
4 > emerge -e system
5 > emerge -e world
6 > you will have converted everything except your kernel to 64-bit. This
7 > was what you were planning anyway, but the change of CHOST as well will
8 > give you a 64-bit toolchain. The only problems will be packages that
9 > are stable on x86 but still unstable on amd64 or causing similar
10 > problems during rebuild. But these can be skipped by doing:
11 > emerge --resume --skipfirst
12 >
13 > A quick rebuild of the kernel and your system will be wall-to-wall
14 > 64-bit and running at maximum speed.
15 >
16 > I don't see it as a major task, other than waiting for the re-emerge of
17 > world to complete, which could take a couple of days.
18
19 I don't believe you can do that. You can't build a 64bit system from a
20 32bit by simply changing the CHOST afaik. If you absolutely want a
21 64bit system, backup and reinstall.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list