From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub-install vs. manual install
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:20:54
1 On 08 January 2007 15:54, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:31:42 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > If you want (or are forced) to have /boot and your MBR on different
4 > > harddrives (*not* partitions) invoke grub and do the manual install as
5 > > described in the handbook rather than use grub-install which simply
6 > > assumes they are on the same drive.
7 >
8 > I've found grub-install to be flakey on a number of occasions, so I
9 > always do it manually. there's only two commands to remember and type,
10 > sometime I even manage it without reading the docs :)
11
12 Honestly, I have written them on a knotes popup on my desktop. ;-)
13
14 Uwe
17 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
18 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
19 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
20 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list