From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] which -march flag to pick for Intel Core 2 Duo in make.conf?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:18:21
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Randy Barlow [mailto:randy@×××××××××××××××××.com]
3 > Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 4:23 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which -march flag to pick for
6 > Intel Core 2 Duo in make.conf?
7 >
8 <Snip>
9
10 > If you are using a lot of memory in your computations, then
11 > the 64-bit environment will be much friendlier to you :)
12 > Also, if I understand correctly, you will get higher
13 > precision on floating point calculations (someone correct me
14 > if I am wrong here!) I also believe that the 64 bit
15 > processors are able to perform more instructions per second
16 > on average when executing 64 bit code vs. 32 bit code if I am
17 > not mistaken...
18
19 I am not sure, but that makes sense. If nothing else, things executed
20 directly usually run more smoothly than those who are run through
21 emulation. 64bit code on 64bit processor good...
22 ^_^
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list