From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Things that can be improved
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 09:33:39
1 On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:00:19 +0200, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2
3 > yeah, but that does not change the fact, that some time (years?) ago,
4 > there was a portage-rescue package.
5 >
6 > Which I even used once ... unpack it and you had a working portage - if
7 > you did not have destroyed python ....
8
9 FEATURES="buildpkg" emerge --oneshot portage python
10
11 Now you have packages for both portage and python that you can unpack
12 into / to repair and damage. It might be a good idea to do the same for
13 glibc, gcc and bash.
14
15 I have buildpkg set by default, but if space is limited, it would be
16 useful to be able to specify this on a per-package basis (I know this can
17 be done with /etc/portage/bashrc) or even be able to tell portage to only
18 save packages for system ebuilds.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 If nothing sticks to Teflon, how do they stick teflon on the pan?