From: "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Strange consolefont error
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:32:53
1 Kristian Niemi wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the tip. Sounds plausible that it's related to the
4 > framebuffer -- but it still seems quite strange that it doesn't happen
5 > every time. I don't know how to reiplicate the behaviour every time.
6
7 Agreed... but it was intermittent for me as well.
8
9 > That said, the `weirdness' might be due to a framebuffer bug, not a
10 > consolefont-one (i.e. the script `consolefont')? Out of curiosity, what
11 > video card do you have? I have a ATI Radeon 7500 Mobile.
12
13 Yeah, I agree that it's likely a framebuffer bug. For example, another
14 anomoly I've seen with framebuffer is that when I use the "silent" profile,
15 the framebuffer image only initializes vc/0. However, if I use the
16 "verbose" profile, it will initialize all of my vc's (like it's supposed to
17 do).
18
19 My card is an Intel 82852/82855 Integrated Graphics (i8x0)
20
21 > When it does work, I haven't changed anything in my systems setup.
22
23 Same here.
27 G a b r i e l M . B e d d i n g f i e l d
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list