From: Oliver Schmidt <oli@×××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the best way to install gentoo on an OLD K6 box w/ tight memory & small disks?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:46:20
1 > I have an old P2 233Mhz laptop that runs Gentoo. I build the system on a
2 > modern, very fast machine (specifying the right architecture) and then zipped
3 > up the partition up into a tarball. Then boot up the old machine with a Live
4 > CD and ftp over the tarball, unpack it, tweak /etc/fstab, install Grub and
5 > away you go!
8 Cool, exactly the same way I do it .... :-))
9 http://www.kernelpanic.ch/html/gentoo_superconcentrate.html
10 (tarball is just a compressed full install)
11
12 but I'm also have a concentrated short install doc
13 http://www.kernelpanic.ch/html/gentoo_concentrate.html
14
15 Maybe someone likes it.
16