From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fetch restriction bypass
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:28:24
1 On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM, james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > OK so I have java that I must use, but it is
5 > "fetch restricted" becasue of Oracle being
6 > an a_hole.
7 >
8 > However, I do not have time to manually bypass the fetch restrction
9 > every time the file needs to be updated, as I manage
10 > too many different gentoo systems.
11 >
12 >  FU  ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.31 [1.6.0.29]
13 >
14 > I need to stay with the sun-jdk so an automated way
15 > to fix this once is required.
16 > The license fix (make.conf) does not do the trick:
17 > ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
18 >
19 > No, I do not want to switch to icetea....
20 > ideas?
21
22 Use a network-mounted distfiles directory on a common file server?
23 That way, once you've downloaded it once, for any system, the package
24 is right there for the rest.
28 :wq