From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:41:14
1 On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > On March 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >
8 >> Don't forget you're using Gentoo; you're implicitly not very far
9 >> removed from the skill levels of the developers themselves.
12 >> --
13 >> :wq
16 > Maybe you're not, but it only takes me a few minutes being around chithead
17 > and NeddySeagoon for me to realize "I ain't gotta Gentoo clue!"
18
19 Point is, most people I've seen in here know a lot more than most[1],
20 and are generally intelligent enough to overcome any limitation that
21 isn't fundamentally philosophical in origin (see mdev vs udev, ALSA vs
22 OSS4 vs PulseAudio, lvm vs mdraid vs physical raid vs btrfs vs zfs).
23
24 So don't sell yourself too short, and don't blindly trust the opinions
25 and decisions of others; they're not always as right as assume them to
26 be, and managing to get Gentoo working suggests you have some right to
27 point out when the emperor's not wearing any clothes.
30 [1] I like to surround myself with people smarter or more
31 knowledgeable than I am about things, and I hit the motherload in this
32 list...
33 --
34 :wq