From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easy way to know its public IP address
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:37:31
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:43:15 +0200 Marc LEURENT <lftsy@××××.fr> wrote:
4
5 > I would like to know how is it possible to quickly know its public IP
6 > address behind a NAT from the console... I'm using links + a My IP
7 > search but it sucks....
8
9 You can craft a similar service that just reports the querying IP. You
10 can e.g. do without the HTTP protocol and just setup a simple server,
11 e.g. using ucspi-tcp, which sets the TCPREMOTEIP environment variable.
12
13 Then you can just use netcat. Of course, for all this you'll need a
14 server on the net.
15
16 OTOH, you could just ask your gateway, if there are means to that (you
17 didn't tell us anything about it).
18
19 And what different methods of NAT are you talking about in this context?
22 -hwh
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list