From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 00:51:00
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >>> On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:43:39 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> My /home is over 1Tb, that is Tb too. I'm not buying
7 >>>> one big enough for all that.
8 >>> 1Tb is only 125GB, well within the capacity of current SSDs :P
9 >>>
10 >>> Switching to an SSD, particularly on a laptop where you can't add a
11 >>> second drive, really helps you decide how much of the content of ~ you
12 >>> really need.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >> Mine is mostly videos and some smaller amount of pics. 1 Tb is 125Gb? 1Tb
16 >> is 1,000Gb or so. I would also be concerned about the cost of one that
17 >> large too.
18 >>
19 >> Confused.
20 > Watch out for the "b" vs "B"... bits-vs-bytes :)
24 I always use the same as what is specified on the drive itself to
25 prevent just that sort of confusion. I also go by the human readable
26 output of df as well. Sometimes du if needed.
27
28 Changing the case of the b around is not going to change what space my
29 data consumes or what a drive can hold.
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!