From: "Tomáš Bartoň" <tommz9@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AIGLX responseness (WAS: libGL issues & AIGLX slowness)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:47:32
1 On Sunday 29 October 2006 13:36, Marco Calviani wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 > the slowness of AIGLX was due to the fact that i was running
4 > xorg-server without enabling the aiglx flag. After having enabled it
5 > xorg started running with AIGLX (using compiz or beryl).
6 > Although the system is quite usable there is still an issue: i thought
7 > the system would have relied completely on video card acceleration.
8 > However whenever i run an AIGLX effect such as the cube or just window
9 > moving the CPU goes up to 80-90% during all the time the effect is
10 > running. This behaviour makes the system A LOT less responsive than it
11 > is without AIGLX.
12 > Is this a known issue?
13 >
14 > Thanks a lot,
15 > MC
16
17 I tkink its normal. I run beryl with NVidia driver and when I move a window or
18 something the CPU goes up to 100% ...
19
20 Tommz
24 email: tommz9@×××××.com
25 JID: tommz9@××××××.cz