From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:46:45
1 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > I've just read your outdated page
4
5 It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible development
6 in cdrkit. So I asume that they did not add new bugs.
7
8 > <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>. Where you listed
9 > specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine they'd
10 > affect most users). Most of what you cite as bugs are just features
11 > they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they have since you
12 > wrote that page).
13
14 This is obviously FUD: Just because you don't already know that you are
15 affected does not mean that you are not affected.
16
17 It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS won't read
18 your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem structure.
19
20 Jörg
23 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
24 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)