From: David Rosenbaum <rosenbaumd181@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nextcloud or owncloud and qt5 or rclone
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:03:59
1 Dave
2
3 On Thu, Jan 26, 2023, 17:51 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4
5 > On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:18:44 +0100, hitachi303 wrote:
6 >
7 > > so until now I am running my box without qt5. Compiling takes so long.
8 > >
9 > > But I am missing a client for owncloud or nextcloud. So I see
10 > > nextcloud-cliend does not run without qt5. It does not need webengine
11 > > but still. So I see as alternativ there is rclone. From the size of the
12 > > download it seems to be even bigger.
13 >
14 > The download size isn't really relevant, it's the amount of dependencies.
15 > rclone uses Go AFAIR, so that's a lot less to build than Qt5.
16 >
17 > > Does anyone have experience with rclone?
18 >
19 > I use it regularly, although not with NextCloud (I use the Qt client for
20 > that as I run KDE). It's basically rsync for cloud providers and should
21 > work well with NextCloud, although you won't get the automatic syncing of
22 > changes that you get with the client
25 > --
26 > Neil Bothwick
27 >
28 > If it isn't broken, I can fix it.