From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 'buntu --> gentoo --> eeepc
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:27:00
1 Hi group,
2
3 Using xubuntu on a usb stick to install gentoo on a eeepc, 4g, 900A. I've gotten as far as kernel config(Quick-install Guide -> Kernel Configuration) but when I try to emerge gentoo-sources portage can't resolve any of the addresses and the process fails.
4
5 Does it have something to do with the previous section, "Set your host name and domain name"? I followed the model given:
6
7 hosts: 127.0.0.1 eeebox.at.eeeplace eeebox localhost
8
9 hostname: HOSTNAME="eeebox"
10
11 BTW, it took 22mins for the portage snapshot to be unpacked, is that similar to anybody else's experience?
12
13 BTW2, I'm using dialup via a serial/usb cable to complete the job at home, whereas the stage3-i686-20090422 and portage-20090502 were downloaded over
14 wireless at the Wifi-Cafe. Don't tell me the numbers must match exactly!
15
16 mw
21 Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/