From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync for backup, can anybody help
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:40:46
1 On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 20:41 +0000, Paul Stear wrote:
2
3 > I am using ext2 on the usb backup disk. I'm not sure if I understand you
4 > correctly. What do you mean by Use --one-file-system ?
5
6 RTM :)
7
8 "This tells rsync to avoid crossing a filesystem boundary when
9 recursing. This does not limit the user's ability to specify items to
10 copy from multiple filesystems"
11
12 so if you rsync / with --one-file-system then only whats on the mount /
13 will be copied. ie. if you booted with a rescue disk and just mounted
14 your root fs, what would you see? You can still specify multiple FSs to
15 rsync and -x as well.
16
17 HTH,
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list