From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X-forwarding fails with "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key"
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:54:41
1 On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and now I
4 > get:
5 >
6 > Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not
7 > generated
8 > Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
9 > Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
10 > Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
11 > Cannot open display:
14 Ah, I had this problem for months; it was driving me crazy!
15
16 I don't remember the specifics, but it had to to with some wankery of glibc
17 not working properly with xauth. I'm pretty sure the fix is to update to
18 >=sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201-r2 or regress glibc back a few ticks.
19
20 Regards,
21 Wyatt