From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading gcc: both 4.4 and 4.5 needed?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:18:47
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > On 15-Nov-11 20:36, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 13:58, Jarry<mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> today I upgraded gcc from 4.4.5 to the last stable version
5 >>> But at the and I noticed gcc 4.4 has not been unmerged
6 >>> and my "world" file is somehow larger. To my surprise,
7 >>> it contains these lines:
8 >>>
9 >>> sys-devel/gcc
10 >>> sys-devel/gcc:4.4
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> Because your forgot the -1 / --oneshot flag when manually upgrading gcc.
14 >
15 > Hm, I always thought "--oneshot" was not necessary when
16 > doing update. Even "Gentoo GCC Upgrade Guide" says just
17 > "emerge -u gcc" (or "emerge -uav gcc" in DE-version).
18 > The option "--oneshot" is used there only for libtool.
19 >
20 > And I'm pretty sure I've never used "--oneshot" when
21 > updating any packages, yet they have never been added
22 > to world-file...
23 >
24 > Jarry
28 I think you are correct. When you use the -u option, it shouldn't add
29 anything to the world file. Than again, weird things happen from time
30 to time. Take the two entries out and see what emerge says to a emerge
31 -uavDN world which should catch about everything. Then see what -a
32 --depclean says. If it tries to remove the older version then that may
33 be why it was added.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!