From: Wes Gray <smiths@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE libraries
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:42:46
1 I've been struggling for the last week with an upgrade to KDE 3.4 which
2 didn't go well. Lots of things aren't working, mostly kicker applets.
3 Just now I was poking around and got some error messages which were
4 helpful. I'm including an example, but basically it looks like my
5 3.4 KDE programs are for some reason looking for shared libraries in
6 my /usr/kde/3.1 directory. How does KDE know where to look for libraries?
7 Here is an example of an error message I'm getting (running 3.4):
8
9 >The specified library taskbar could not be found
10 >The diagnostics is:
11 >/usr/kde/3.1/lib/kde3/kcm_taskbar.so: cannot open shared object file: NO such
12 >file or directory
13 >
14 >Possible reason:
15 > . An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned con
16 > module
17 > . You have old third party modules lying around
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list