From: Jeriko One <jeriko.one@×××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vsftpd anonymous upload illegal PORT command
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 14:50:49
1 On 08/03/2017 05:13 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I'm trying to upload files from an OS/2 VM in machine A to anononymous
3 > upload on another machine on my home LAN. I'm using the allegedly "very
4 > simple" ftpd and getting nowhere, and Google isn't helping. To simplify
5 > things, I built vsftpd without ssl, and iptables is off on both
6 > machines. I don't think it's related to PASV, because the ancient ftp
7 > client on the OS/2 VM doesn't understand the "ftp -p" option. My
8 > /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file is...
9 >
10 > listen=YES
11 > local_enable=NO
12 > anonymous_enable=YES
13 > anon_upload_enable=YES
14 > write_enable=YES
15 > anon_mkdir_write_enable=YES
16 > anon_root=/home/ftp
17 > pasv_enable=YES
18 > pasv_min_port=30000
19 > pasv_max_port=30100
20 > port_enable=YES
21 > allow_writeable_chroot=YES
22 >
23 > I successfully log in as user "anonymous", password "anonymous",
24 > execute "bin". When I try uploading a file, I get the 500 PORT error.
25 > Anybody have a working config? Or another simpler ftpd server?
28 Are you able to upload files from other machines than this particular
29 VM? I don't have any problems uploading using your config.
30
31 Who owns /home/ftp? I think by default vsftpd will change the owner to
32 root which would cause problems.