From: Henry Gebhardt <hsggebhardt@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.8776-r1 back?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:17:10
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 4:05 AM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > >> I emerge again, and it gives me 96.43.05.
6 > > >> Now when I start X, I have a blank/black screen.
7 > > >>
8 > > > This driver is NOT working with my card.
9 >
10 > Okay I followed the Wiki as instructed to the letter. Same EXACT problem. It
11 > all seems to go fine, but I get a black screen when X starts. Not like a
12 > back-lit one either. Like "power off" black. I know X is running, I can see
13 > the processes, and it doesn't seem locked up either. I just can't see
14 > anything.
15 I also have a nVidia 440 Go with the same problem. I fixed by
16 including the line
17
18 Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP"
19
20 in the "Screen" section of /etc/X11/xorg.xonf. However, now I can't
21 use an external Monitor/Beamer.
24 > Thanks for the ideas, I think it's just this P.O.S. card and the fact that
25 > nVidia is screwing me by not supporting it anymore in these later drivers.
26 > Not sure why Willie's works though. That is curious, hopeful and frustrating
27 > at the same time.
28
29 I think nVidia is to blame! It once worked flawlessly.
30
31 Regards,
32 Henry
33 --