From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] XNest and embedded system: Kaboom! (sometimes)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 07:54:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to display the X-display of my embedded Linux system (a
4 Beaglebone black) on my PC.
5
6 For that I started XNest on display 1 on my PC (option: -ac) and
7 set DISPLAY on the embedded system (running an XServer also)
8 accordingly.
9
10 I could run openbox, urxvt, gnumeric, tgif (for example) via
11 this setup nicely.
12
13 But when I started hatari (an AtariST-Emulator) on the embedded
14 system, XNest on the PC stops running/crashes.
15
16 Running hatari on the XServer of the embedded system runs nicely
17 though.
18
19 On the X-point-of-view hatari should be nothing else but "just another
20 X application"...or?
21
22 The output of XNest after such "sudden stop" is:
23
24 homepc:/home/user>Xnest -ac :1
25 _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
26 _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/homepc:1
27 _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
28 Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
29 Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
30 Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
31 Initializing built-in extension XTEST
32 Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
33 Initializing built-in extension SYNC
34 Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
35 Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
36 Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
37 Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
38 Initializing built-in extension RENDER
39 Initializing built-in extension RANDR
40 Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
41 Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
42 Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
43 Initializing built-in extension RECORD
44 Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
45 Initializing built-in extension XVideo
46 Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
47
48 ## (above the output until I started hatari)
49 ## (below the output after I started hatari)
50
51 X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
52 Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
53 Serial number of failed request: 3486
54 Current serial number in output stream: 3491
55
56
57
58 What went wrong here?
59 How can I fix it?
60
61
62 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
63 Best regards,
64 mcc