From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:06:54
1 >>I needed to restart sendmail more than once after upgrade
2 >>and noticed the script always produces these warnings:
3 >>
4 >># /etc/init.d/sendmail restart
5 >> * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
6 >> * Stopping sendmail ... [ok]
7 >> * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
8 >> * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
9 >> * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
10 >> * Re-caching dependency info (mtimes differ)...
11 >> * Starting sendmail ... [ok]
12 >>
13 >>What might be wrong here?
14 >
15 > I have seen this too recently with samba, vmware, ntpd, privoxy and others
16 > (but not always) during both startup and shutdown sequences. I think something
17 > has changed in the init scripts. Everything seems to work OK and there is
18 > nothing in the logs indicating anything wrong.
19 >
20 > Not sure what's being cached or recached. Makes no sense to me.
21 > Ideas?
22
23 The problem went away and I don't really know why... Probably a reboot.
24 I also had 2 packages providing firewall service installed at the time.
25 I've tried to reproduce the problem reinstalling one of them
26 before writing this reply. Nope. What else?
27 hw clock on this box is set to local time.
28 But this happened well after baselayout upgrade
29 and well after the last reboot.
30 And sendmail was the only service giving the troubles.
31 I'm sure I had to restart several others
32 without any problems.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list