From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: alsa in-kernel vs. alsa-lib
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:50:44
1 2008/10/31 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2 > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:05:47 +0100, Pupino wrote:
3 >
4 >> But i read this after building alsa-lib:
5 >> * Please try in-kernel ALSA drivers instead of the alsa-drivers ebuild.
6 >> * If alsa-drivers works for you where a recent kernel does not, we want
7 >> * to know about this. Our e-mail address is alsa-bugs@g.o
8 >> * However, if you notice no sound output or instability, please try to
9 >> * upgrade your kernel to a newer version first.
10 >>
11 >> and this makes me think i should get rid of those packages as it say
12 >> "instead". Is this wrong? do we still need alsa-lib and co.?
13 >
14 > It says "instead of the alsa-drivers ebuild". you use either the
15 > in-kernel drivers or alsa-drivers, whichever you choose, you still need
16 > alsa-lib.
19 > --
20 > Neil Bothwick
21 >
22 > Captain, I sense millions of minds focused on my cleavage.
25 good, this clarifies everything.
26 Thank you all!