From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT serial port program with a gui interface
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:11:07
1 James ha scritto:
2
3 > Well those are OK but, I was hoping for something with
4 > a few simple input boxes, so the user can input, say
5 > a floating point varialble or an integer varialble
6 > inside the box, then my program would use the
7 > 9600 baud serial port to transfer the parameter setting
8 > to a specific register on the microP. Likewise the
9 > program (gui) could interrogate the microP and discover
10 > various settings/values, using the gui interface.
11 > A raw terminal session will work, but, it helps me to
12 > be able to put simple graphics and other things beside
13 > the IO gui boxes (my jargon is neophyte. maybe they are
14 > called dialog boxes to gui programmers?)
17 > I know how to do all of the serial stuff on the linux
18 > and microP side, I just am not much of a gui developer
19 > (to say the least)....
20 >
21 > It can be simple to the point of spartan on the gui side
22 > of things, I usually use C underneath and on the micro.
23
24 If you know c++, I guess you can use the GUI library wxWindows and code
25 the gui yourself. It's not that hard (I use the wxWindows library under
26 Python, however).
27
28 m.
29 --