From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Can't offload pictures from camera
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:32:04
1 I have a Kodak EasyShare CX7300. I have gphoto2-2.3.1 installed. I'm
2 currently running kernel 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 . In the past, I have used
3 the command "# gphoto2 -P [1]" to offload picture from this camera.
4 Until today, it has always worked. Today I tried to offload pictures
5 from the camera and I get this:
6
7 camille ~ # gphoto2 -P [1]
8
9 *** Error ***
10 An error occurred in the io-library ('Bad parameters'): Could not find
11 USB device (vendor 0x40a, product 0x578). Make sure this device is
12 connected to the computer.
13 *** Error (-2: 'Bad parameters') ***
14
15 For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
16 Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
17 If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
18 developer mailing list <gphoto-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net>, please run
19 gphoto2 as follows:
20
21 env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt -P "[1]"
22
23 Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.
24
25 This seems to suggest that the camera is not properly connected to the
26 computer. Yet, dmesg says:
27
28 usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 11
29 usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
30
31 Is this something that I can fix myself, or should I report it as a bug?
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list