From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-long 3-short beeps
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:24:17
1 I think on ASUS that code means no VGA detected.
2
3 I'm not sure if modern firmwares still output to port 80, but if so
4 that might be another way to narrow it down assuming you have a card.
5
6 I'm sure there are faults on the motherboard side that could result in
7 problems accessing the video card even if the card is otherwise
8 functioning. A physical slot problem certainly could do it.
9
10 I suspect you'll end up replacing the motherboard one way or another...
13 Rich
14