From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT friendly cellphone w/ Gentoo?
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:34:59
1 On Friday 25 August 2006 22:00, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I live in Florida, so we have quite a lot of cell phone companies to
5 > choose from. I get to order a new phone and new service. Most importantly,
6 > I'm looking for a cell phone that exchanges data with a gentoo laptop,
7 > easily (kmobiletools) or some other kde gui based app.
8 >
9 > Then I'd like the option for wireless internet connectivity (flat rate).
10 >
11 > or the ability to use the ppp+cell phone for access thru my firewalled
12 > static IP connection.
13 >
14 > Any recommendations?
15 >
16 > I do like the usb port on a motorola razr, but, I not sure mot-cell phones
17 > are friendly with linux/gentoo....... One of my co-workers (windoz user)
18 > just got a razr and it get's reception where my krufty-LG does not, both
19 > using Alltel.
20
21 well, I got my new razr today - and I am not too happy. Compared with my old
22 Sony Ericson, bluetooth is crippled and everything seems to be a lot more
23 complicated. While it is easy to put files onto the phone or fetch them with
24 kdebluetooth with the SE, it seems not to be even possible with the razr.
25 :(
26
27 also, the razr does not support EDGE, so its networking is kinda slow compared
28 to phones with it.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list