From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild reports broken libs, should I worry?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 04:18:00
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 09:49 -0700, Wade Brown wrote:
2 > In this specific case, "Broken" means "Binary Package". Binary
3 > packages are distributed with all kinds of libraries linked to so that
4 > they can minimize the amount of binary packages they need to maintain
5 > (e.g. they don't need an eclipse-gnome and an eclipse-nognome
6 > package). The program will ideally run as if those features were
7 > disabled at compile time, but usually does spit out a few errors on
8 > console about missing libraries.
9 >
10 > Revdep wanting to rebuild binary packages everytime is a known issue,
11 > and in newer (still masked?) versions there is a specific directory
12 > omission setting to tell it to ignore /opt, and anywhere else there
13 > may be binary packages. If it is still masked as I think, then you
14 > could just $EDITOR `which revdep-rebuild` and take out /opt from the
15 > SEARCH_DIRS variable.
16 >
17 > Anyway, quick answer, No, your packages are not broken, so no worries.
18
19 The newer revdep-rebuild is in gentoolkit-0.2.1_pre4, that version is
20 not package masked, but it is currently keyworded with the unstable
21 keywords.
22
23 If you use the newer revdep-rebuild, the variable that you want to set
24 is SEARCH_DIRS_MASK.
25
26 Regards,
27 Paul