From: Darren Kirby <bulliver@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:59:52
1 On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > I can understand that things like example code blocks or sample
6 > command input/output blocks might need to be wide enough to require
7 > horizontal scrolling of a browser window, but normal text paragraphs
8 > with 160 characters per line?
9
10 I'm not seeing a problem here. Sure, the lines are long but my screen
11 is large and my resolution is high. A quick play with firefox and konq
12 shows that the text reformats itself quite elegantly when you resize
13 your browser window to say, 2/3 of screen width. I think that's a
14 better solution than imposing some arbitrary line length on everyone
15 no matter their screen size and resolution.
16
17 D
18 --
19 Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
20 I'm on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/badcomputer/