From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bringing mdocml to Gentoo, MANPATH woes
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 16:22:48
1 Wolfgang Mueller <vehk@××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 16:32:02 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
4 > > If you think about replacing "man" by "mandoc", please keep in mind that
5 > > "mandoc" displays many of the man pages incorrectly.
6 > >
7 > > This is caused by the fact that tables are not correctly understood by mandoc.
8 >
9 > Could you give me some example man pages for this? All tables I have
10 > found so far (about one or two, since I don't know exactly where to
11 > look) display correctly for me in mandoc. In any case, I was not aware
12 > of this, so thanks for mentioning.
13
14 Some time ago, I did an automated 100% test with all Solaris man pages:
15
16 https://sourceforge.net/p/schillix-on/schillix-on/ci/default/tree/usr/src/man/
17
18 and mandoc failed miserably with nearly all of the man pages.
19
20 I do no longer remember what triggered the problem. Very simple tables are
21 working.
22
23 Jörg
26 EMail:joerg@××××××.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin