From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a few blockers I can't figure out
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:12:25
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:54:47 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--ask --color=n --verbose --nospinner
6 > > --autounmask=n --quiet-build=n"
7 >
8 > Get rid of the --verbose flag as a default. Part of the reason the output
9 > from portage is so confusing is that there is so much of it, --verbose
10 > adds even more noise. By all means use it on those occasions you need
11 > more information, but as a default it just hides the real information
12 > among a load of noise.
13
14 OK, I will see if I get better output that way. I am sure I had a
15 reason for doing it, maybe some recomendation, but I can't remember
16 anymore.
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici