From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autorespond
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:11:41
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:24:31 +0200, Jarry wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Yes, moderating him.
5 >> He deserves much more than that.
6 >> Life-time ban for that stupidity would be adequate...
7 >
8 > That's a little harsh. He may not even know his company's auto-responder
9 > is so hideously broken.
10
11 IMHO, setting up any kind of auto-responder is a *huge* mistake.
12 A few years ago I've seen our company's mail-server crashed because
13 of such a "mistake". Damage to business estimated to 1e5 US$.
14 And a fellow-worker fired out. That was a little more harsh...
15
16 Jarry
20 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
21 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.