From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG error
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:00:12
1 Grant schrieb:
2 > I'm getting this on my laptop:
3 >
4 > "!!! A network error occured while trying to send logmail:\n(111,
5 > 'Connection refused')\nSure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
6 > correctly?"
7 >
8 > I have this in make.conf:
9 >
10 > PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error log"
11 > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
12 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="myaddress@×××××.com localhost"
13
14 Now, it would help, if *ALL* of us (which foremost includes ME!) would
15 read the documentation ;) In this case, make.conf.example:
16
17 # PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI: this variable holds all important settings for the mail
18 # module. In most cases listing the recipient address and
19 # the receiving mailserver should be sufficient, but you can
20 # also use advanced settings like authentication or TLS. The
21 # full syntax is:
22 # address [[user:passwd@]mailserver[:port]]
23 # where
24 # address: recipient address
25 # user: username for smtp auth (defaults to none)
26 # passwd: password for smtp auth (defaults to none)
27 # mailserver: smtp server that should be used to deliver the mail (defaults to localhost)
28 # alternatively this can also be a the path to a sendmail binary if you don't want to use smtp
29 # port: port to use on the given smtp server (defaults to 25, values > 100000 indicate that starttls should be used on (port-100000))
30
31 Of interest is the following:
32
33 # mailserver: smtp server that should be used to deliver the mail (defaults to localhost)
34 # alternatively this can also be a the path to a sendmail binary if you don't want to use smtp
35
36 So, the correct entry for your make.conf is:
37
38 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="myaddress@×××××.com /usr/sbin/sendmail"
39
40 Sorry for all the confusion - I should've read the documentation first.
41
42 Alexander Skwar
43 --
44 "I'd love to go out with you, but I have to floss my cat."
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list